Spring break is an exciting time for students to take a break from their studies, recharge, and enjoy some much-needed downtime. It’s certainly been a busy time at The Global College, as the students have progressed with their studies towards the IB certificate, and also taken part in many extra-curricular activities such as Music Mondays, and received visits from many universities as they prepare for life beyond the college.
While having a rest and recharging the batteries is a key element of any holiday period, it’s essential to use Spring Break wisely to make the most of the time off. In this post, we look at some of the things students can be doing.
Spring vacation ideas
These are just some ideas of what to do during Spring Break. It’s not a complete list – there are of course many other ideas for activities you may also have:
- Plan ahead: Before the break starts, plan ahead and set some goals for yourself. Decide what you want to accomplish during your break, whether it’s catching up on some much-needed rest, completing some schoolwork, or trying out a new hobby.
- Spend time with family and friends: Spring break is an excellent opportunity to catch up with family and friends you haven’t seen in a while. You can plan to go on a trip together, or simply spend time together at home.
- Learn something new: During the break, you can use your free time to learn something new. Whether it’s a new language, a new instrument, or a new skill, you can take advantage of the break to learn something you’ve always wanted to.
- Volunteer: Volunteering is an excellent way to give back to the community while also gaining valuable experience. There are many opportunities available during spring break, such as volunteering at a local animal shelter, food bank, or community centre.
- Travel: If you have the resources and time, travelling can be a great way to spend your spring break. Whether it’s a weekend trip or a longer vacation, travelling can help you explore new places, cultures, and people.
- Get some rest: Finally, don’t forget to take some time to rest and recharge. Spring break is an excellent opportunity to catch up on sleep, relax, and do things you enjoy.
In conclusion, Spring Break is a great opportunity for students to take a break from their studies and recharge. One of our core principles at TGC is to educate well rounded young people who are able to lead in the future. We place great focus on mindfulness and the well being of each student, and it’s important to relax and take some time out. However, it’s also important to keep working on perhaps gaining new skills, exploring new ideas, and increasing cultural awareness by going to new places.
The most important advice though: ENJOY YOURSELVES.