Are you looking for a school offering an innovative education based on the IB Diploma and with focus on entrepreneurship and preparing students to be the leaders of tomorrow? Then look no further than The Global College, a co-educational day and boarding school for 15 to 18-year-olds based in the very heart of Madrid.
Our approach to education is based on the history and values of our partner, IE University. That is, equipping students with the tools needed to lead and adapt to an ever-changing world, no matter what sector they choose to work in.
But with limited places at The Global College, you’ll need to get your applications in fast. In this post, we’ll look at some of the key admissions tips for entry to the college, including what it consists of, how to prepare for the interview stage, and what to include in your video presentation.
What is the admissions process at TGC?
There are four main steps in the admission process at The Global College. They are as follows:
- Come and get to know us: Before even getting started with the application, come to one of our Open Days, or contact us to organise a visit. In doing so, you’ll be able to see for yourself our wonderful campus and the facilities on offer, meet our Headteacher and other faculty members, talk to current students and even take part in workshops.
- Fill in the online application: Get all your documents ready, such as school transcripts and fill out the online application form. Once we have received it, our Admissions Committee will review it and decide whether the candidate moves to the next stage.
- Assessments: This is a two-stage test where we get to really know each candidate applying to the college. The assessments comprise:
- Based line Assessment: The CAT4 test has been developed over many years and is seen as a standard tool now in many schools and universities. This is not a test as such, but rather an assessment of the student’s current levels across core aptitudes including language and mathematics.
- Interview: The interview-based assessment is a discussion between the candidate and our faculty members. We want to learn more about our potential student’s, their talents, motivations and their future ambitions.
- Decision by the Admissions Committee: The committee will take everything they’ve seen into consideration and assess the candidates based not only on their academic record but also their outside interests and extra-curricular activities. Successful candidates will then be offered a place at our school.
Tips for the interview stage
The interview is one of the most important stages of the admissions process as it offers you the chance to show us why you want to be part of The Global College community and get to know you more.
Here are our tips for you to prepare:
- Practice before the interview: Make sure you prepare and practice for typical questions such as “Why are you interested in studying at The Global College?” and “Tell us more about yourself”.
- Be yourself: Tell us about your favourite subjects, what you do as extra-curricular activities, and also what you’d like to do in the future. Remember, we’re here to help, and the better we know you, the more we can help when it comes to career advice and university applications.
- Come with questions: Think about some questions you may like to ask us too. The interview is a two-way process – you will want to know us as much as us knowing you. So ask whatever you want – subject choices, life at the college, mentoring, and more!
Video submission tips
During the application process, you are asked to submit a video in which you talk about yourself. This is your chance to introduce yourself and tell us about your background. For the video, you can use presentations, show us awards and achievements you may have won both at school and outside, tell us about your passions and hobbies. The key is to be authentic!
Overall admission tips
The admissions process at The Global College is aimed at getting to know you, and you getting to know us. Before submitting the application form, make sure you have checked everything.
Most importantly, throughout the whole process, be yourself, be unique, be authentic.
We can’t wait to receive your application!